- The single-dose syringe version of the flu shot does not contain thimerisol (mercury), but some multidose vials do. That being said, there is a very large volume of scientific research that indicates thimerisol is safe in the insignificant amounts contained in the flu vaccine.
- Here is an in depth explanation on the false accusation that there is antifreeze in the flu vaccine.
- Formaldehyde is used in the creation of the flu vaccine but it is removed from the final vaccine.
- The denatured forms of the virus used in the vaccine are sometimes synthesized in animal blood cells (pig usually), but the final vaccine contains no actual animal blood.
- The viruses in the flu vaccine are HUMAN viruses that have been killed. They are no longer infectious. You may have some cough, aching, or fever as part of the reaction, it is impossible to get the flu from the vaccine itself.
- Between 20 and 50 million people died during the 1918 flu epidemic, making it the most deadly natural disaster on record.
- Just because someone makes a GIF and posts it on Facebook (Or any other Social Media site) doesn’t make it the truth.
Putting this back in circulation because flu season is bad this year and its not too late to get the flu door.
So frustrating to read the lies ppl make up about medicine! Get vaccinated!!!!!
…and it’s true too.
I just always reblog this story too. Because it’s awesome. And because obviously Boggs is the kind of person that should be well known, and become a role model. (And Chris Garcia, Boggs’s friend who rode as well!)
Also, I wanted to note that there’s a scholarship fund for the two boys set up. You can donate here!: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reward-the-heroes-scholarship-fund-temar-boggs-and-chris-garcia
Reblogging for scholarship information
The scholarship fund is currently at $15k, but we know that even now that’s a pittance compared to the actual cost of higher ed. And it doesn’t look like costs are going to be coming down, unfortunately.
Please donate if you can, and signal boost the heck outta this.
Always reblog because someday I hope the first thing I think when we see a photo of a young black man is something like this, not “criminal” or “murdered by police.”
Also Tumblr, if we can raise money for people’s medical bills and sick cats and so on, surely we can send these two young men to college?
take a moment to realize you have never seen your face in person, just reflections and pictures
some scientists agree that if you saw a clone of yourself, you wouldn’t recognise it as you, because our idea of what we look like is so different from what we actually look like
This gave me anxiety
This is goldddddd
i’m just like,
this is a .223 caliber assault rifle, the kind of gun that was used to murder 18+ young children today
for reasons that literally no one is actually able to convincingly articulate, this is a legal gun in the united states
Things you should know while looking at this picture.
- The .223 stands for .223 inches wide. The round this gun fires is less than a quarter of an inch wide. That’s smaller than a round fired by most handguns.
- This firearm is semi-automatic, meaning it requires a pull of the trigger for every round fired as opposed to fully automatic or burst.
- The gun doesn’t actually look like this. The OP probably looked for the biggest baddest scariest gun on the internet to scare everyone. That AR is probably close to about $3k with everything on it. To legally obtain all of the attachements on this firearm would probably take months to years on waiting lists as well as hundreds of dollars in additional tax stamps and licenses as well as a litany of federal and state background checks. Here’s a better idea of what gun was really used.
- AR-15s really aren’t that nefarious of a gun. They look dangerous and the term “assault rifle” puts people off. The AR in AR-15 doesn’t stand for assault rifle. It stands for ArmaLite, the company that makes them.
This is a wonderful piece of fear-mongering propaganda though. Ignore the fact that millions of guns owners legally and peacefully own this weapon for self-defense and recreation. If this gun were illegal it would be disarming far more law-abiding citizens than it would deranged individuals eager to shoot up a school or office. This gun, especially in this picture, is incredibly awkward and heavy and much more difficult to conceal.
It’s important to have these discussions especially after times of tragedy. But using crises like today to infringe on liberty in the name of security only hurts good people while empowering those that wish to do us harm even more. The gun free zone laws in this country relegates students and teachers to the status of victim in the name of safety. The anti-gun culture of America disarmed the responsible adults in that building who could have put an end to the senseless slaughtering of children before it even began. The man that killed all of those children walked there with intent to end human life, on a large scale. He was prepared to violate all of the laws against murder. What makes you think he would have ignored the laws stating that that gun was illegal? If anything the prohibition of firearms would only create a lucrative black market that incentivizes the transportation of guns to America. We would likely see dangerous knock-offs, organized crime and an increase in violents associated with it.
Earlier today a mad man in China went on a stabbing spree in a school. Over 22 children were harmed. Guns are illegal in China so the deranged had to find a new tool with which to commit his heinous acts. You cannot successfully eradicate the world of risk or suffering. Any effort to do so will only lead to despotism and tyranny. Nations that have tried this route found that violent crime went up after gun bans took effect. All around the globe the data tells us that areas with higher gun ownership per capita also experience less violent crime.
As a libertarian I approach problems in society with one questions “Does the solution enhance or diminish liberty?” In the case of banning guns it diminishes human liberty. It makes us all victims waiting for our turn. I do not want to live in a society where only the police and military have guns. I want to live in an armed populace that understands the responsibility of gun ownership and the necessity for self-defense. I wont rely on the State or anyone else to defend my life or my property. I would appreciate it if you stopped trying to take away my right to self-defense in the name of more security.